At Alliance Consulting Group, engineering is our passion. Our focus is on planning and design engineering services, located in Alexandria, Virginia. Our motivated professionals work closely with personnel in a spectrum of disciplines to deliver high quality designs to our clients.
The Junior Civil Engineer position will be responsible for design of civil/site systems and components for a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facility types; ensuring the designs conform to building codes and standards, as well as client specific requirements.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines, while maintaining high quality standards
- Prepare drawings and specification detailing the Civil System designed
- Prepare inspection and design reports and presentation materials
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including document management and processing RFI’s and Change Orders
- Support PM, senior designer and/or senior engineer in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Participate in internal and external meetings and document discussions
- Gather information, interview stakeholders, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches as required
- Perform routine tasks under general supervision using well-defined standards, procedures and codes
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- Emphasis on site civil, structural, geotechnical, and/or water resources (SWM and E&S) is desired
- EIT required
- Will consider candidates intending on taking FE exam in Winter or Spring windows
- Experience 0-4 years
- Experience in Commercial / Government Site Design is preferred
- Experience in a General Contractor is also preferred
- Core competencies include:
- AutoCAD / Civil 3D
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Full-time Competitive Salary
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for employee coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
- 20 Vacation Days plus 8 holidays
- Generous Annual Bonus Plan
- Professional Development Stipend for approved training, certifications etc.
- Promotions/ Career Advancement
- Premium Office Location in Old Town Alexandria with Complimentary Parking
- Adjustable Standing Desks
- Kitchen with Snacks and Coffee