Alliance Consulting Group is seeking a Mid Level Civil Engineer to design and analyze a broad selection of civil engineering projects while working closely with clients.
The Civil Engineer may be responsible for the following design discipline areas: Site Civil, Roadway, Grading, Stormwater Management, Erosion and Sediment Control, Temporary Traffic Control, Signing, Marking, Utility Design, and more. Proficiency in all disciplines is not required but the Civil Engineer must be competent in multiple disciplines and show a willingness to learn. Design will be completed under the senior technical staff.
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for the design of civil components for a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facility types; ensuring the designs conform to building codes and standards, as well as client specific requirements. Project locality and client code requirements may be different than a candidate’s previous experience and a level of comfort with a dynamic environment is expected. The Civil Engineer will be expected to coordinate with other engineers, consultants, and clients as needed to ensure timely submissions and project success.
- Prepare drawings and specification detailing the Civil System designed
- Prepare design reports and presentation materials
- Participate in internal and external meetings and discussions
- Gather information, interview stakeholders, performs calculations, and create design models
- Coordinate work with other engineers and architects
- Proof of United States citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in site civil, transportation or water resources design from an accredited university
- 3-6 years experience
- Ability to effectively communicate high level engineering concepts and principles to laypersons
- Comfortable with AutoCAD, Civil3D and Revit
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Civil3D and Revit
- Additional software familiarity is preferred. Example: VBA, TR-55
- Full-time Competitive Salary
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for employee coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
- 20 Vacation Days plus 8 holidays
- Generous Annual Bonus Plan
- Professional Development Stipend for approved training, certifications etc.
- Promotions/ Career Advancement
- Premium office location in Old Town Alexandria with Complimentary Parking
- Adjustable Standing Desks
- Kitchen with Snacks and Coffee