This position is located in Alexandria, Virginia
At Alliance Consulting Group, the lead Structural Engineer will be the project manager and lead designs of new buildings as well as retrofit and strengthen existing structures. We are often involved in unique and challenging projects and perform investigations to make recommendations for various purposes.
The position will be responsible for design of structural systems and components for a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facility types; ensuring the designs conform to building codes and standards, as well as client specific requirements.
- Prepare design documents (calculations, drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables) while working with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team
- Participate in site visits to conduct detailed observations of existing concrete, steel, masonry, and timber structures for renovation and restoration projects
- Work closely with other engineer disciplines
- Make technical assumptions to complete assigned work towards rational conclusions
- Perform assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes
- Collaborate and provide input for other engineer’s projects.
- Attend external meetings and promotes positive client relations with current and prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions where appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with emphasis on building structures, from an accredited university is preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required
- Ability to develop design documents, including drawings, calculations, and specifications for building structures.
- Ability to obtain United States Department of Defense security clearance is required
- Proof of United States citizenship is required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge to AutoCAD and Revit is preferred
- Knowledge of various structural software programs such as SAP, ETABS, STAAD, and RAM is preferred
- Full-time Competitive Salary
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for employee coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
- 20 Vacation Days plus 8 holidays
- Generous Annual Bonus Plan
- Professional Development Stipend for approved training, certifications etc.
- Promotions/ Career Advancement
- Premium Office Location in Old Town Alexandria with Complimentary Parking
- Adjustable Standing Desks
- Kitchen with Snacks and Coffee